Friday, April 6, 2012

Visiting my friend Ie Li in Virginia

Our first stop in DC was visiting my friend from BYU days...Ie Li!  It was so lovely to stay at her home a few days.  Azaleia was so happy to be with new friends.  She always wants Mama and Papa to play with her...it is sooo cute when she asks...just hard to do all day long.  It is amazing to have her entertained with new friends.  She loved loved loved playing princess with Mei Li and they loved ice skating in the house.  They read books and she played with Stephan...it was just so much fun for her! So I could spend the day chatting, baking, enjoying Anne of Green Gables, and taking care of the dailies.  My friend Ie Li is a wonderful mother and homemaker!  Her home has such a pleasant and sweet feeling...just like her.  I was there for a Family Home Evening...and loved the gospel teaching in their home.  It is a home of reading and playing and enjoying life...I just loved being there.  Thank you Ie Li for a lovely visit!
One day we ventured to the Air & Space Museum not too far from her house.  There were planes everywhere.  The kids got to enter in the cockpit of a Cessna...super cool!  I especially loved the Space Shuttles.  I remember being a little girl and being fascinated with space exploration.  I wanted to be an astronaut...to see the world from a new perspective.  It was like reliving a childhood dream just to be up close to those massive shuttles.  Very interesting and very cool!

Thank you again Ie Li for being such a gracious host!

1 comment:

Ie Li said...

Leanna, thank you so much for coming. I loved having you here!