I am home now.
Home is not where I grew up, nor where I temporarily live...but with my Ernesto.
He means everything and so much more to me.
I am not the same without him...and I feel I am a better person with him by my side.
I can't imagine my life without him.
I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for allowing our paths to cross...
and for the love that we share now and for eternity.
Love, thank you for being sweet you...and a zillion kisses to my true eternal friend...my Nesto.
And to add to the history...I remember loving Ernesto as my missionary friend. I enjoyed my time with just about all the Elders in our mission...they were my family for a year a half...we had fun together and worked hard together for the Lord and for the people of Paraguay. Elder Escobar was and is a great missionary...and a great leader...and I loved, admired, and respected him as a missionary.
I met Elder Escobar when I became not only a senior companion but also started training a brand new American sister. I had very little confidence in myself to find, teach, baptize etc...felt so much pressure...and was at the verge of tears when Elder Escobar, my new district leader who came for one of his first visits...insisted on practicing teaching techniques and lesson principles. It was too much for me as I was overwhelmed. I was too proud to ask this young Chilean Elder for a blessing that I most definitely knew I needed...when he asked if he could give me a blessing. He has always impressed me...this time for his heeding the Spirit..to send needed comfort to me, this American Hermana in Paraguay. That was the start of our friendship...and since I had to report all of our efforts...how many people we contacted, lessons we gave, investigators in church...and so forth...we talked often. He helped me learn tools to teach and be an effective missionary. When I was discouraged because we weren't finding good investigators...or had too few investigators in church...it was hard for me to report my efforts. I cried a few times during my mission...poor Elder...so emotional. He was kind and encouraging. He doesn't like when people cry, especially me...he says he doesn't know what to do...so he does what he does best...he tries to be funny and makes me laugh. He showed me his creative drawings to teach the Word of Wisdom and other principles...new analogies and ideas to reach the Paraguayan people. He really helped me so much. I didn't realize how much I valued his leadership/friendship until we were both transferred to new zones. As fate would have it...a transfer later he was sent to my zone...this time as my zone leader. We ended up serving our missions in the same zones for about a year. It was hard to have him as my leader at times...he says he knew my potential and expected it...and it was challenging. Nothing romantic was ever exchanged between us on the mission...there was no compromise when we were on the Lord's time. He was with the mission President when my group was taken to the airport to return home...and he didn't say one word to me. I honestly thought it was the last time I would see him.
In the missionary manual Preach My Gospel...there is a message from the First Presidency that states...
"The Lord will reward and richly bless you as you humbly and prayerfully serve Him. More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among His children."
I know the Lord loves me...because He sent me my Ernesto & Azaleia...and we share love and happiness!
Home is not where I grew up, nor where I temporarily live...but with my Ernesto.
He means everything and so much more to me.
I am not the same without him...and I feel I am a better person with him by my side.
I can't imagine my life without him.
I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for allowing our paths to cross...
and for the love that we share now and for eternity.
Love, thank you for being sweet you...and a zillion kisses to my true eternal friend...my Nesto.
And to add to the history...I remember loving Ernesto as my missionary friend. I enjoyed my time with just about all the Elders in our mission...they were my family for a year a half...we had fun together and worked hard together for the Lord and for the people of Paraguay. Elder Escobar was and is a great missionary...and a great leader...and I loved, admired, and respected him as a missionary.
I met Elder Escobar when I became not only a senior companion but also started training a brand new American sister. I had very little confidence in myself to find, teach, baptize etc...felt so much pressure...and was at the verge of tears when Elder Escobar, my new district leader who came for one of his first visits...insisted on practicing teaching techniques and lesson principles. It was too much for me as I was overwhelmed. I was too proud to ask this young Chilean Elder for a blessing that I most definitely knew I needed...when he asked if he could give me a blessing. He has always impressed me...this time for his heeding the Spirit..to send needed comfort to me, this American Hermana in Paraguay. That was the start of our friendship...and since I had to report all of our efforts...how many people we contacted, lessons we gave, investigators in church...and so forth...we talked often. He helped me learn tools to teach and be an effective missionary. When I was discouraged because we weren't finding good investigators...or had too few investigators in church...it was hard for me to report my efforts. I cried a few times during my mission...poor Elder...so emotional. He was kind and encouraging. He doesn't like when people cry, especially me...he says he doesn't know what to do...so he does what he does best...he tries to be funny and makes me laugh. He showed me his creative drawings to teach the Word of Wisdom and other principles...new analogies and ideas to reach the Paraguayan people. He really helped me so much. I didn't realize how much I valued his leadership/friendship until we were both transferred to new zones. As fate would have it...a transfer later he was sent to my zone...this time as my zone leader. We ended up serving our missions in the same zones for about a year. It was hard to have him as my leader at times...he says he knew my potential and expected it...and it was challenging. Nothing romantic was ever exchanged between us on the mission...there was no compromise when we were on the Lord's time. He was with the mission President when my group was taken to the airport to return home...and he didn't say one word to me. I honestly thought it was the last time I would see him.
In the missionary manual Preach My Gospel...there is a message from the First Presidency that states...
"The Lord will reward and richly bless you as you humbly and prayerfully serve Him. More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among His children."
I know the Lord loves me...because He sent me my Ernesto & Azaleia...and we share love and happiness!


5 comments:
Love this my Banna! You are 2 are so great together! xoxo
What a cute post! Then I went on to read Ernesto's post...how sweet!
You two are so cute together. And your little Azaleia.... irresistibly adorable!
Leannita que hermoso todo lo que dices, el pipa dice que debes haberte ido con el corazón destrozado a casa cuando te fuiste...Que lindo que luego hablaron y se dieron cuenta que se amaban...yo me asusté un poco cuando ví que era tan rápido ese amor...pero me siento tan bendecida de tenerte en nuestras vidas, gracias por amar a nuestro bebe y por nuestra preciosam linda y graciosa princesa Azaleia, te amamos infinitamente.
oh I love this post. I loved Ernesto's post about you also. It was so fun to read and you two are so wonderful together. I admire you in so many ways, Leanna!
Lovie, what a beautiful post of your love and dedication to the Lord. He blessed both of you for your service. I personally as your momma could not imagine you with any other young man. Ernesto, do you know how much you have blessed our lives by loving our daughter. We are extremely grateful for your love and sacrifice for your little family. Love you forever!!! mommacita and dad xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment