Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Feliz Cumpleaños Leanna!!


We only brought the laptop with us and we don’t have a lot of pictures there. So I went and look in our blog for pictures. I went through all the post Leanna has done, and although I already knew what I wanted to write, it helped me see how much I love my Leannita. She has done so much for our family and so much for me that I don’t know where to begin.
Solo trajimos la laptop con nosotros y no tenemos muchas fotos ahí, así que me puse a buscar en el blog. Vi todas las publicaciones que Leanna ha hecho y me ayudo a ver cuánto amo a mi Leannita. Ella ha hecho tanto por nuestra familia y tanto por mí que no sé dónde empezar. 



 As many of you know we met while in our missions in Paraguay. I did not fall for her immediately, but I do remember when I first saw her. I couple weeks later I was called to be a new district leader and Hermana Dellenbach was part of the district. I have a lot of pride, or I use to have ( I’ll explain later) and Hermana Dellenbach was always on top of things, always keeping excellent results that it was really hard to keep up with her. She made me work extra hard to beat her on my results, and most of the times I couldn’t.  So I started to develop great admiration for her, and then we became really good friends. We never said anything romantic or nothing close while in the mission, we were just good friends. After the mission we started to write each other, then use Skype and then Leanna told me she was going (coming) to Chile. I think that was when I realize I wanted to marry her because of her determination and courage which I had also seen on the mission field…We got engaged and then we were married on September 29th, 2007. You can follow the rest of the story on the blog, just as I did.


Como saben nos conocimos en la nuestra misión en Paraguay. No me enamore de ella inmediatamente, pero si me acuerdo de la primera vez que la vi. Un par de semanas después yo fui llamado a ser un nuevo líder de distrito y la Hermana Dellenbach era parte de él. Yo soy muy orgulloso así que era difícil el poder ganarle a Leanna en los resultados, tenía que trabajar el doble de duro, ya que ella siempre tenía buenos resultados. Así que empecé a admirarla mucho por su trabajo duro y por su testimonio y después de un tiempo no volvimos muy buenos amigos. Nunca nos dijimos nada romántico ni nada por el estilo en la misión, después de terminar comenzamos a escribirnos y luego a usar Skype. Un día Leanna me dijo que vendría a Chile, creo que ese fue el momento en el cual decidí casarme con ella, por su valentía y determinación, cosas que ya admiraba de ella en la misión. Así que nos casamos el 29 de abril del 2007 y el resto de la historia la pueden seguir en el blog tal y como yo lo hice. 

So while looking up the blog I just wonder how beautiful Leanna is. I cannot believe I am so lucky to be her husband. On the blog I saw her different hair colors and different hair styles for the last 3 ½ years, I saw when she was pregnant and with many styles of clothing and she always, always, always looks beautiful. I just love to see her with Azaleia; she looks even more beautiful now that she is a mother.  I had a very special moment on our flight coming to Chile. We had been on the airplane for at least 8 hours and Azaleia was sleeping on Leanna’s arms. The lights were low and most of the people were also sleeping. I remember looking at Leanna and realizing the sacrifice she was willing to make to be with me…to be together as a family…I had a feeling of absolute certainty that I wanted to be with her for all eternity. She is my true eternal friend.
Mientras veía el blog me maravillaba en que Hermosa es Leanna. A veces no creo que tenga tanta suerte de ser su esposo. En el blog la vi con diferentes peinados y colores de pelo. La vi con diferentes estilos de ropa y siempre se ve hermosa, incluso cuando estaba súper embarazada. Ahora que es mamá se ve mucho más linda, especialmente cuando tiene a Azaleia en sus brazos. Cuando veníamos en el avión camino a Chile me acuerdo que las luces estaban bien bajas y que la mejoría de la gente estaba durmiendo, ya veníamos volando por más de 8 horas. Me acuerdo de ver a Leanna con Azaleia dormida en sus brazos y me di cuenta del sacrificio que ella estaba haciendo para que pudiéramos estar juntos. Me di cuenta de cuánto la amaba y de que quería estar con ella para toda la eternidad. 

 
A couple weeks ago, we played ping pong… and she beat me up quite badly. I realized that she usually beats me in everything. In board games, card games, Wii games, at cooking, at organizing, at planning, in reading and writing. She is always faster than me to forgive. She is a better mom then me as a dad. She is a better daughter and sister. She is always faster than me to remember the Lord. She is better than me in so many other things that it would take me many blog posts to write. And once again, I just feel so lucky to have her as my wife.


Hace un par de semanas jugamos ping-pong y me dio una paliza. Me di cuenta de que me gana en muchas cosas por ejemplo me gana en juegos de mesa, en las cartas, en los juegos de Wii, cocina mejor que yo, me gana organizando y planeando cosas. Es una mejor hija y hermana de lo que yo soy hijo y hermano. Es una mejor madre que yo como padre. Es más rápida en acordarse de Dios que yo. Es más rápida para perdonar. Es mejor que yo en muchas cosas y por todo eso me siento afortunado de ser su esposo. 


 Now that she is far from me I miss her deeply…I gave her my heart a long time ago…that is why I feel empty when she is gone. But the purpose of this post is not to be sad, but rather to celebrate the birth of my love. My life is so much better because she was born and just wanted to say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEANNA!!!

Ahora que esta lejos de mi la extraño profundamente… le di mi corazón hace mucho tiempo… por eso me siento vacio por dentro cuando no esta…Pero el propósito de estas palabras no es para estar triste, es para celebrar el cumpleaños de mi vida. Gracias a su nacimiento mi vida es mucho mejor. Así que Feliz Cumpleaños Leanna!!!


I LOVE YOU!

Your true eternal friend. Your Nesto.

Dice: " Y vivieron felices para siempre"

10 comments:

Leanna said...

Thank you my love!!! I don't know what to say...or write...to tell you how much I love you and how grateful I am for you in my life...for eternity and beyond! You are my true eternal friend and I love you foreverite! Thank you for making all my birthday wishes and everyday wishes come true! Love you and miss you terribly! Can hardly wait to be with you again! Azaleia and I are going to shower you with kisses...the biggest kissie attack you have ever seen!!! Love your Leannita

Anonymous said...

Que hermoso hijito...como me emociona ver lo que escribes, y lo cierto que es, la Leannita sin duda es muy especial, lo que mas me gusta de ella es lo mucho que te ama y que constantemente lo dice y demuestra su amor.los grandes amores de los hijos dá una tranquilidad al alma de las madres, los matrimonios felices de nuestros hijos y eternos dan felicidad al espíritu.
Los amo. Gracias por Azaleia, ella es la creación maravillosa que necesitaba nuestra familia...el Nicolas y ella nos llenan de amor.
Felicidades preciosa Leannita, te amamos, tú eres un regalo para nosotros.
mima.

Sundbergs said...

That was so sweet and beautiful. Happy birthday Leanna I can tell you have a a wonderful life you deserve.

jeanine said...

So sweet! Happy birthday Leanna!

Heidi said...

LOVE that! You are so sweet Ernesto!

Brittany said...

This was so so sweet! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Leanna!! Love looking through your blog and all your fun photos of Chile! and your little girl honestly couldn't be any cuter!

Sheryl said...

How sweet and tender is that! You two are truly perfect for each other!! I know because she told me all about you before she ever left for Chile!! You are right determined and loving and faithful all the way!! Happy Birthday Leanna!!

R.C + T.S said...

Happy Birthday Dellenbach!!! You are such an amazing lady, and I agree with Ernesto, that you leave a lasting impression on everyone you meet! I still remember the first time I met you on the mission, and I thought that you were exactly the kind of missionary I wanted to be. You are one in a million, hermana, and I sure do love you--

Christensen Family said...

Oh that is so sweet! I got teary eyed. What a great tribute to a wonderful woman, wife, and mother! Happy Birthday Leanna!!!

Rach said...

You are so right Ernesto! Leanna has always been and is always stunningly beautiful. I have thought that since the time I met her our freshman year of college. She is one of the most incredible people I have ever known. She knows what matters and focuses on that. I wish I was more like that. You are lucky to have her, and she is so lucky to have you. You two have made a remarkable family and that is something you can be so proud of. I feel lucky to know you both and your sweet little Azaleia!