Friday, February 4, 2011

Museo Chileno de Arte PreColombino

I'm always drawn to the Mayan artifacts.  I love this!  It reminds me of the Book of Mormon and also 5th grade when I watched the Voyage of the Mimi.  Anyone remember that series in school?
Azaléia and her doggie face...she was actually pretty good in the museum and enjoyed seeing everything.
I loved seeing the ceramic type pieces representing fertility or the woman...it was fascinating.  I am always more attentive to everything "pregnant" since I would like to be...so it was interesting to see the pregnant women here too.
Ceramic items very cool.  I love how much art was appreciated in the past.  I think of today's work...what will be in the museums in 50-100 or even 500 years?  I have no idea...things done digitally or items of technology. 
Maybe there will be cell phones and I-pads...but then again...is that art? 
I need to learn more about the art of today...since I don't know anything about it.

There are feet at the bottom...and coming out of the legs.  I wonder what that means...
Once again...my favorite thing to see.
The musical instruments...and why music was essential to their culture.
This is a drum...so fascinating.  I thought of my sister Katie when I saw the musical instruments...since music is such a huge part of her own life and culture too.
The room with the Rapa'nui items from Chile...awesome!
What most  people come to see here...the Rapa'nui items from Chile!
Very cool wood statues from the Rapa'nui indians of Chile.
Hand woven hat...so colorful...amazing.  It reminds me of the artistic work of the Indians of Paraguay too.
Of course there were Inca items...of gold and copper.  Amazing what they were able to do years ago.
Proof I was there too...thanks tourist for snapping the photo.  I love the map behind as well...I love maps!

This museum was the most expensive so far...I paid over $5 to enter.  The rest of them I have entered were either free or no more than $1.50.  It was worth it.  The collection they have was very good.  All of the displays were nicely kept and maintained.  I love Museum days!

No comments: