Wednesday, April 15, 2009

38 Weeks...so close...

So we are days away now...and apparently little one is in no hurry. That's good...we are looking forward to a nice and perfectly plump Azaleia. Hospital bag is halfway packed...but does anyone have any suggestions for what would be considered "must haves" to bring along? Let me know...thanks!

14 comments:

Ie Li said...

Your journal! :)

the firths said...

Leanna good luck! I love your cute belly. I made the mistake of telling myself that I would probably go a few weeks early, and then was I disappointed every day I got closer to my due date. Most 1st time moms will be a few days late, so plan on that and if you're early, super. Also, don't be nervous at all about the delivery. The day you become a mother will really be one of the most special, empowering, and almost magical days of your life. THe physical pain is nothin' in comparison.

Heidi said...

I am praying for you and your little baby girl! I hope she comes soon!

Violet said...

there were two things I didn't think about but really needed

#1 deodorant--labor is hard work!!! you get a little sweaty. I remember thinking Benjamin stunk and then I realized it was me :0)

#2 baby lotion-- your baby has been sitting in water for 9 months they get a little dry and flaky when they come out.

You are going to do so great!!!! There is nothing like it in the world. I still get a little choked up when I think about Benjamin's birth.

Kim said...

Food I would recommend snacks... if you are delivering at Uvrmc any way the food isn't great. Although ask for pudding they have fabulous pudding.

Kim said...

I totally forgot that Dr. Savage was delivering your little Azelia, she was great so nice. Good luck with the delivery I hope it is nice and easy.

Sundbergs said...

Slippers, I didn't like getting out of bed without slippers.
Nursing bra and nursing pads- In needed those and they don't have the pads there.

Those are the things that are those extras.

I hope all goes well you will do awesome

Sheryl said...

Countdown time for your little sweetie. Can you stand it? Love you!

Preston & Caytee said...

You are almost there! YIPPEE! Hm...not that I've had a baby myself but I would definitely agree about the journal. Don't forget to write all those little things about her when she comes! Keep me posted. I would still love to help@

The Special Reds said...

Here's one no one mentioned yet...a few options as far as the baby outfit (the famous "you wore this home from the hospital" clothes). You won't know how big or small your baby is until she's born, so bring a few different sizes (NB or 0-3mo). And bring some comfortable socks for you to wear--really warm soft ones. Julianna was born in that hospital!

Michelle said...

Just wanted to say good luck.. Hope all goes well!

mommacitabonita said...

Little love, Remember to bring Ernesto! His hands should be sore from you squeezing them and the workout they will get. Soooo...he needs good smelling lotion to rub your feet with, toasty warm socks, a soft washcloth to put on your forehead when momma's not there yet, and armloads of love and compassion for the both of you. He will be tired as well as you, my little love, so be tender together. This is just the beginning of your wonderful adventure together. Don't forget pictures and gum, you'll be happier with fresh breathe. Love, momma

Heidi said...

And you will be in there for a few days... so bring all the shower necessities, as well as some "regular" underwear.

Shalece said...

Good Luck Leanna! You will do great. You've gotten some great advice :) Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little girl.