Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Museo de Bellas Artes

Can you believe that I get to walk by this beautiful building just about everyday?
The Museum of Fine Arts - Santiago, Chile
I know...it is awesome!  I love living where we live.  To get to downtown, the store, the subway...most buses...all requires passing by this building.  I'm so glad!  I love looking at the architecture!

This was a piece of art...the whole display depicting mine life...hmmm...interesting.
This art piece was very interesting...Christ is at the top right...take a close look.
I loved the natural light of the main room...it was lovely.
We saw sculptures of every kind...copper, marble, wood..porcelain...very interesting.
My Azaléia and I together...my best little friend here. Thanks to the nice Brazilian lady for taking the photo and offering to entertain us when we are in Brazil.  :)
Paraguayan dresses made of a'opi and nandu'ti...so beautiful.  They represent the three generations of women in Paraguay...the widow, the single mother, or the young daughter...though the dresses are together...makes you think.
Azaléia's favorite part of the whole museum...the horsies.  What a cheezie smile. :)
There was a whole room dedicated to the a typical youth of Santiago...referred to as Pokemones.  Styles are definitely part of what defines who you are and who you are associate with here in Santiago.
Last but not least...one of my favorite pieces...simply because I love that hand gestures mean different things!
Hope you enjoyed your visit!  There were so many more things...but here I posted a few. :)

1 comment:

Frank Zweegers said...

Great pieces. The scenery, especially the architecture is beautiful.