Friday, January 21, 2011

Vina del Mar - Garden of the Sea

There is no better way to become acquainted with beautiful Vina del Mar...than by horse drawn carriago...or una victoria. What a beautiful city...with manicured lawns and hanging flower baskets in the streets. I loved our perfect day here!
This is the standard tourist photo...the flower clock in Vina!
We loved the carriage ride. It was my first time...Azaleia's too!
We visited the Castle on the Sea...truly amazing views. Wouldn't mind living here. In one room you walked over glass, looking below at the waves crashing against the rocks below the castle.
The carriage took us all around town to all of the sites...waiting for us each time. Below is another church/cathedral...there are so many here in Chile. I love the different architecture of each one. Some simple and some really ornate. This one reminds me of the huge one in Barcelona, Spain.
We visited the Archaeological Museum...and got to see an Easter Island Moai...with dancers too! Wish we could go to Easter Island...but it is super expensive. Chileans love Easter Island like US people like Hawaii. Really interesting to learn more.
Easter Island Moai and Dancers
Lots of trees and flowers...love it love it love it!
Azaleia was helping her cousin Nicolas walk...it was soooo cute!
I forget the name of this place...outdoor amphitheatre...next to Quinta Vergara Park. Vina always has lots of music and celebrates the arts. Too bad we weren't there for an actual event.
Cute Nicolas!
Outside we found this man playing the saw and plates...very interesting. He played songs from Grease and Titantic...very cool!
We chilled in the park for a long time. Azaleia loves playing with her cousin and her Tia's cell phone. I could pass every afternoon in this park...it is beautiful. I love the photo below of my husband. This is what he gets for smiling so pretty. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at our pretty girl, she's growing before our eyes!! Thanks for posting!! Love, Gramma

Callie. said...

I love reading about all your adventures! It is absolutely beautiful.