Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cerro Santa Lucia...and the God Neptune

Azaléia and I go out just about everyday in the morning to explore the great city of Santiago!

We love it...especially before it gets too hot. About a five minute walk from home is Cerro Santa Lucia...a lovely green escape from a big bustling city. I should have thought twice about the uphill part ...with cobblestone and a stroller...but couldn't resist the charm.
Look at the walkways?
On the other side of the hill...Neptune Terrace!
Thank you to the kind Chilean young man who helped me down so many stairs with the stroller...really...you were a life saver. :)
Neptune is the Roman God of Water and of the Sea...and it seems right that Chile honors such a God...being a coastal country and all.

Azaléia in front of the guard who takes your name and identity before you enter or leave.
I'm always amazed at the architecture...color...garden...and statues of Chile.
I am loving it here!One of those places you could stay and visit awhile.

How to make Azaléia smile? Give her candy :)

1 comment:

Callie. said...

oh my goodness that is so beautiful, and you get to walk there from your house! What a treat to bring along Azaleia. Your posts are so bright and summery and they are helping me escape my dark, Oregon winter! :)