Sunday, June 20, 2010

Chile, Futbol & the World Cup 2010

Ernesto has brought new enthusiasm into our family's life...with the passion for the World Cup! We woke up at 5:30pm to watch Chile beat Honduras...and are looking forward to the game tomorrow against Switzerland.
We are a very proud Chilean family!
Proud U.S. family too of course...it was such a good game last Saturday!
The funniest thing the other day watching a sports newscast in Spanish...the two commentators were noting that both North and South Korea were practically enemies right now yet were both participating in the World Cup...and the reason...the reason they simply gave was...
PORQUE ASI ES EL FUTBOL!
That has become the funniest line for us lately...and seems to be the answer to all the great mysteries...porque asi es el Futbol!

2 comments:

the firths said...

What a beautiful little girl. Viva the world cup!

Lisa said...

Oh, I love it too!
The World Cup is a really big deal here in Germany and we are all SO excited!
I'm sorry for you that both of "your" teams are out meanwhile but I guess you still have enough South American teams to choose from... ;)
Or I could recommend you another team to be fan of. It starts with G and ends with Y and is in the quarter-final right now.