Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Azaléia Mei - May 4, 2009

Our beautiful baby girl is here...and wow is she amazingly adorable! Ernesto & I love her so much and we feel so blessed to have her in our family. If you haven't seen her hiccup video...here it is...she is just way too cute!
Here's the story... Sunday at midnight we were admitted to Orem Community Hospital (where I was born 26 years ago) to start a procedure to soften my cervix since I was hardly dilated at a week late. The 12 hr procedure had to be done before I could be induced, but instead of resting like we had thought...it brought on heavy and one minute apart contractions...almost killing me of course. After 2 hours of pain the nurse gave a small drug dosage...working for only 10 minutes...and then after 3 more hours of intense contractions and horrible pain...the anesthesiologist was finally called in to give me the epidural...(aka God's gift to women!)which made me feel a whole lot better because I couldn't feel any more pain...wahoo! Then we were to rest and wait for the cervix to soften...but a few hours into the waiting as more intense contractions were attacking...my nurse who had been monitoring the heart rate of baby Azaléia said that our precious one wasn't reacting too well to the contractions. She called Dr. Holmes and they said they would continue monitoring closely to see if baby improved. Well she wasn't and I still wasn't much more dilated than before. Dr. Holmes came to break my water to see if that might help her out...but unfortunately we discovered the sack full of meconium or baby poop. The poor little thing was too stressed out in there and it was showing. The Dr. said I had to go into labor on my own because inducing me would be too much for Azaléia to handle, a little hard with a hard and now swollen cervix. After waiting and hoping for her to not only improve but to also do a 180 degree turn with her head because she was face up...the Dr. came back and told us that a cesarean delivery was looking to become a reality. Ouch! So after crying a bit and getting more drugged I was wheeled into the operating room and at 2:06pm our beautiful little girl was born!!! It was a special moment because Ernesto got to participate a lot more with everything...and our first family moment together with me still getting sewn up...was so special. First Family Photo7 lbs...just about 5 oz...and 21 1/2 inches long!With Dr. Holmes...she had 8-9 Apgar Score which is great!Azaléia is a beautiful baby as you can tell from the photos. She has a sweet disposition...a softer cry...and beautiful dark hair from her Chilean Papi! We are so happy that she is here and look forward to all of those special moments that come from being her parents! Here she is with Mommy...ooh I love her so much!With her PapiHome from the hospital...yeah! Side note...I never realized how much a cesarean delivery would hurt...nor have I ever felt so much pain in my entire life. I'm so grateful for my husband who has been by my side helping me in every way imaginable...and taking great care for our little one's needs including poopy diaper changes. Nightly ritual includes Ernesto going and getting baby out of the crib so that I can feed her...him changing her diaper in between feedings...and him putting baby back to bed since it is painful and a difficult procedure for me to get out of bed still! My mommy came and helped out the day we left the hospital and boy do we miss her already. I need my mommy so much...and love her so much too! Our little Azaléia can't wait to see her Gamma again! Auntie Carolyn and Uncle Charlie have been helping almost everyday since her birth and we are so grateful for them and so excited for Azaléia's cousin coming soon! Thanks to everyone for your help and love and support! Special thanks to Caytee for coming and helping out too!
Here are some fun pictures from the last week and a half...
Papi before Church on Mother's Day with our little punkin in our favorite outfit from GammaMy 1st Mother's DayLove this picture!She's a good little burper...yeah!More photos to come later!
Nuestra hijita nacio el 4 de Mayo...a los 2:06 por la tarde...de 7 libras 5 oz...y 21 1/2 pulgadas larga. Estaba esperando para que mi cervix se ablande...rompieron mi bolsa y encontraron mucho popo de bebe porque ella estaba estresada ya...entonces no me inducieron porque ella no iba a soportar todo y en el fin la sacaron a ella por cesarea. Ha sido super dificil a recuperar...de verdad Ernesto ha cambiado la mayoria de las panales...y poco a poco estoy mejorando. Ella es una bendicion muy grande para nosotras. La amamos demasiado ya...es tan linda...y es buena bebe. Gracias a todos por sus oraciones...su amor y todo su apoyo!

25 comments:

Ie Li said...

Leanna,

Congratulations! She is a beautiful baby. I hope you are recovering well. Love you.

Sapp Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sapp Family said...

Congratulations to the both of you! We are sooooo happy for you guys!! Yay...another May baby. :) She is so beautiful just like you guys. I hope that all is going well and that you recover from your delivery FAST!! We Love all three of you Escobars!!

Carolyn Baggett said...

I can't wait till your baby meets our baby charlie in September!! I love ya

Heidi said...

YAY! she is a beauty! Love you! call me when you have a minute!

Sheryl said...

What a stunningly beautiful baby! You are a perfect little family!!

Violet said...

She is so beautiful!!!! congrats. I'm sorry things didn't go as you planned :0( I'm just glad she is here and healthy. I hope you recover fast!!!!!

Emily Graham said...

I almost forgot how precious they are when they are first born! So tiny and so adorable. Good luck with the recovery. That is no fun but it will get better!

Shelly said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! I'm glad she's here safely and I hope you recover quickly.
P.S. I'm going to deliver at Orem Community, too!

Lisa said...

I'm a stranger. :-)
I came to your blog through- I don't know whom, and I'm really excited about your cute baby girl! Babies are always such a blessing! Just wanted to tell you how beautiful she is (even if I'm pretty sure you know that already:-D). Hope you don't mind if I visit your blog from time to time just because I'm curious how your little one is changing... Promise, I'm not a weirdo, I just LOVE babies and to look at them.
All the best for you! I'm sure here's an exciting time laying ahead of you...

Erin said...

yay she did come!!! She is great, with an awesome head of hair. Congratulations to you two. WEre so happy for you.

Kim said...

Congrats she is so beautiful. That is a bummer that you had so much pain and then a c-section. I love her hair!

Meg said...

She is a beautiful baby. That is one nice thing about a c-section--there heads come out perfectly formed. It is so good you are having so much help. I don't know what I would be doing right now without so much help. My parents keep trading off days so I'm never alone which has been great because as you said it is the worse pain ever but it makes it all worthwhile when you are holding a precious baby. But I will tell you 3 weeks into mine I am feeling better and the horrible pain I thought would never leave did. So it does get better but it is very very slow. So just let everyone do as much as they can so you can heal faster. And enjoy your precious baby. It is hard for my to hold my baby except when I am feeding because he will squirm and hit the incision. Are you able to hold yours without any difficulty? Well get lots of rest and enjoy your little bambina.

Caytee said...

She is such a precious baby! Thanks so much for letting me come and play with you two. I absolutely loved it. You guys are wonderful parents and your dear daughter is a lucky girl to be born into such a great family. If you ever need anything at all, please let me know!

Callie. said...

Congratulations! She is such a beautiful baby. I hope you recover well and fast. I had a cesarean with Lily, and it was not easy! So I know how you feel. Congrats to you both on such a beautiful little girl. She really is precious.

Brendon said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I knew she would have lots of gorgeous black hair! I love it!

Sundbergs said...

Congrats on your new little one. She is so cute with all that hair. Sorry about the c-section, I know it hurts. Glad you have help happy 1 st mother's day too.

The Special Reds said...

What a beautiful baby! Such thick dark hair! I hope your recovery is quick. Congrats to you both!

Candice said...

Congratulations. I am so happy for both of you. I had the same due date as you did, but I was induced and had the baby on May 1st. We also had a beautiful baby girl! Although without the beautiful black curls your baby has. I love being a mother! I hope life is going well for you guys. I haven't seen you in forever. Best of luck with your new baby!

Lyndzee said...

Oh purdy girl,,, She is SOO BEAUTIFUL!!! I am still wiping away the tears just seeing your beautiful family. You are a MOMMY now too. I love it! When are you going to be down again? I can't wait to hold her and kiss her precious little face. Love you all!!

Christensen Family said...

She is so beautiful and precious. And so wide awake. So cute! Congrats. Sorry you had to do c-section. I have mine c-section too. Beautiful family!

Jenn said...

Leanna!! She is so stinkin' cute and beautiful! I just want to pinch her cheeks! What a cutie! I cant wait to be a mom. Sorry you had to have a c-section... thats almost what I expeirenced last year with my surgery! No Fun!! Keep the pictures coming.

Anonymous said...

I just took a peek at your blog and saw your gorgeous baby girl! Congratulations Leanna and Ernesto. She is a precious one!
Love,
Mendy Maxwell

jeanine said...

I love all of her hair!!! Good luck with the c-section recovery!The first was definetly the hardest for me... but each one gets progressively easier to recover from.

La Familia Giménez said...

Wow mom, you are tough!! and she is beautiful!! CONGRATS!!