Friday, March 20, 2009

Fly Away Money


Grrrrr-oni! Where has all the money gone??? Just when you think you are doing good...and saving...it comes. For example...having a car is great...but unexpected repairs...not so great. Most people I have talked with have shared that even though having babies is expensive...it is a matter of faith...that the Lord will provide for those new expenses and of course it will be a huge blessing. Baby is a few weeks away and...Yes...Ernesto and I could not be happier! Yet...why? why all of the sudden do we have major UNFORSEEN EXPENSES??? Grrrrr-oni again!
This last month has been a tough one for us with the car...
1st- replacing a punctured back tire on the inside wall = $175
2nd- back wheel bearing broken = $450
3rd-yesterday our car all of the sudden would not start. A friend came to jump it...keep in mind...we bought a new battery just at the end of October $80...and nothing. So we have to call a tow truck to tow the car to the mechanics. This time...the starter motor is broken...geez! = $360 + $60 for just the tow! Then of course you have your normal monthly car expenses...loan payment, insurance, and gas! Does it ever end?
All this...not to mention the root canal and the deposit for baby's delivery at the hospital...add on another $700!...ouch! I know the Lord will always provide...but man...things like this hurt! Oh well for buying baby stuff and paying the car off early!

2 comments:

Emily Graham said...

Leanna! My old friend, how are you? It sounds like there are exciting blessings coming your way! I remember when we were about to have the baby and had unexpected expenses as well. It is amazing how money comes your way when you have done everything you can! We got lucky because Duane is a teacher and the insurance kicked in right before Taylor came along! We actually got money back from my doctor because of overpayment. So you never know what may happen! oops, you are probably wondering who this is..Emily Graham (Fishback). We have a blog finally! If you have a chance we'd love you to check it out! grahamandcompany.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Cars= money pit. Thats what I have said. I swear you never know when something is going to go wrong. I just pray everyday that our cars are good for another 6 months. I hope things are looking up for you and that car. LOVE YOU!