Today our very loved Mission President passed away after a hard fight with cancer. While we miss him terribly...we are so grateful for what he taught both Ernesto & me. Pte. James Weipert and his wife Jen, the Hna, are amazing examples...both of whom have and who will always have a huge impact on our lives. We feel blessed to have had the opportunity to be with them on New Years Day this year...to have felt their love and to have shared some special time with them. Here are a few photos that depict the greatly love man that he is. Hoy en la manana Pte Weipert fallecio despues de haber luchado con la terrible enfermedad de cancer. Siempre estaremos agradecidos por el impacto positivo que tuvo en nuestras vidas y estamos agradecidos por haberlo visitado hace menos que un mes y compartido con el y disfrutado de su amor.
He was always teaching & loved everyone he taught-Siempre estaba enseñando y amaba a los que enseñaba!
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission-He led us to be one of the most successful missions in the world by teaching us to love serving the Lord & His children. Gracias a su liderazgo nuestra mision fue una de las mejores del mundo!
He was very strong & loved his missionaries(photoshop of course)Tenia mucha fuerza y mucho amor por sus misioneros!
Ernesto & Pte share the same birthday-Feb 12th!Tiene el mismo cumpleaños de Ernesto(celebrating at Shangrila)
Ernesto with Pte & Hna--his last day in the mission! El ultimo dia en la mision!
Christmas with the Weiperts a few weeks before coming home!Navidad con los Weiperts antes de regresar a casa!
Some of our mission family at our Wedding in 2007! Ernesto's parents could not come...so Pte was one of our witnesses for our sealing. Both he & the Hna have been like parents to Ernesto & me!Ellos representaron a los padres de Ernesto en nuestro sellamiento. Pte Weipert fue uno de los testigos. 
We love the Weiperts so much and look forward to being with the Hna and family at the funeral this Saturday in San Diego! Amamos mucho a los Weiperts y sentimos mucha gratitud por todo lo que hicieron y hacen por nosotros.
4 comments:
Even though I only knew him for a short period I can say that I could tell what a powerful man he was.
I love that last picture. That is the first time I met him and I just remember the missionaries parted because they knew that he was going to have to do an interview to make sure I was good enough for Preston! We love him and will miss him dearly. But we know that he is doing missionary work on the other side!
Oh so sorry to hear that. are you going to go to the funeral?
Fue tan lindo verles hoy. Mas verte con tu pansita. You look so cute.
I wish we could have gone to the funeral last weekend. It would have been neat to see everyone from Brad's mission. I know he's going to miss President Weipert. Thanks for posting this. :)
Post a Comment