We have had our share of holiday baking this year! I love it all...except maybe the cleaning. We made goodies on different occasions...of which I rarely took pictures. Bummer. We are also having fun with the German Christmas Advent calendar...something we always had growing up in the Dellenbach home. Azaleia loves her Christmas chocie. We mailed Christmas cards...made and decorated Sugar Cookies one day...the candy houses/trains...made mom's Molasses Crinkles for a cookie exchange (where I personally had a great time with the girls)...then we made holiday baggies for caroling (although we wimped out with the pouring rain...luckily the other carolers were willing to brave the weather and deliver the goodies)...and my favorite...was the goodie bags we made to go with our Elf Bags. We are staying in Georgia for the holidays...which partially depresses me since we will not be gathering with family members for large Christmas parties....like Christmases of past...and struggling with infertility like months past...so I knew I needed to do something to think of others. I looked online and found a secret "Elfing" idea...so we printed out the pages...made some goodies and left them at our friend's doors. The people we "elfed" were challenged to go and "elf" two other homes. The funny part is that the family I "elfed"..."elfed" us back. Hehehe! So we "elfed" some more families. Hopefully the holiday cheer got spread around to a couple of families. So we've stayed relatively busy this holiday season...and have tried not to eat too many sweet things. Although...I have to admit...I can never resist Azaleia's baking. Grandma and Grandpa sent her a tea party set with a serving tray...pictured above...and she really is the best little cook. She loves to put on her apron...and then we love having a tea party picnic style of the rug. Happy Holidays to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment