Friday, December 9, 2011

Rock star nephew Emmett almost here...

My baby sister Katie and her hubby Jeremy are expecting their first...a baby boy Emmett soon!  Her original due date was the second week of January...but baby looks to be making his debut before Christmas.  We are so excited for a new cousin.  When I saw this rock star flannel material...I knew I had to make baby Emmett a baby blanket.  Baby blankets are so easy...just cut two rectangular pieces of material and bind them together with some pretty satin ribbon.  I love these type of sewing projects!  The trickiest part is the corners...and mine aren't perfect...but homemade doesn't have to be perfect...it makes it look like it was made with love. :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW! You are great Leanna! I love the little stars on the back. I hear that fabric is tricky to use. I have yet to do a baby blanket.

Stefanie Hathaway said...

So cute :) You are a good sister!!!

The Special Reds said...

What a great job!

shiloh said...

That might be my favorite baby blanket ever. And the fact that it's for your musician sister is even better. Way to go!