The first family adventure we set out on was 20 minutes away from home...
the Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change!
What we learned on our visit solidified our family being here in Georgia...for Ernesto to pursue Law School and work with Civil and Human Rights causes around the world. As we watched videos and read and saw photos...I felt a great deal of respect for the people who brought Civil Rights to everyone in the United States regardless of skin color. Great love for mankind...great sacrifice for what is right...and a story everyone needs to understand. I did not know that Dr. King and his wife went to India to learn about nonviolent resistance from the leaders of India and the teachings of Gandhi. Writing after his return, King stated, “I left India more convinced than ever before that nonviolent resistance is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom”. I am shocked at how recently racial segregation occurred. During the 50's and 60's...that is only 50 years ago!
the Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change!
What we learned on our visit solidified our family being here in Georgia...for Ernesto to pursue Law School and work with Civil and Human Rights causes around the world. As we watched videos and read and saw photos...I felt a great deal of respect for the people who brought Civil Rights to everyone in the United States regardless of skin color. Great love for mankind...great sacrifice for what is right...and a story everyone needs to understand. I did not know that Dr. King and his wife went to India to learn about nonviolent resistance from the leaders of India and the teachings of Gandhi. Writing after his return, King stated, “I left India more convinced than ever before that nonviolent resistance is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom”. I am shocked at how recently racial segregation occurred. During the 50's and 60's...that is only 50 years ago!
| Azaléia taking place in the march! |
| Beautiful mural outside the King Center! Hermosa murale afuera del centro de King! |
| Where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his wife Colleta lie in peace! Donde el y su esposa estan internados...en paz! |
| In the Ebenezer Church...to imagine being present for a Dr. King speech. Would have been an experience! En la iglesia donde estuvo Dr. King...imaginando la experiencia! |
La primera adventura que hicimos como familia fue ir al Centro de Martin Luther King Jr...un Centro dedicado a Cambio Social Sin Violencia. Fue increible la experiencia...algo que confirmo el porque Ernesto estudia el derecho aqui...para ayudar a dar a todos los derechos humanos y civiles. Fue bueno aprender del ejemplo de Dr. King Jr...
y como seguir ayudando con los cambios necesarios sin usar la violencia.
y como seguir ayudando con los cambios necesarios sin usar la violencia.

No comments:
Post a Comment