Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy 4 Years- Familia Escobar!

 Our anniversary came around again...this year as we embark a new adventure together...law school!
Ernesto is my best friend and the love of my life...really he makes me so happy...and we had a great time celebrating us!  Our anniversary was on a Thursday so we went out Friday night thanks to some friends watching Azaleia.  We ate a nice restaurant in Midtown...did a little window shopping at one of our favorite stores World Market...and just enjoyed conversing without the worry of caring for our little Azaleia. 
4 years! Wow!  Not quite 5 years...but almost!  It's exciting to think about!  Ernesto and I are very happy with where we are in life and our relationship together!  Over the last 2 months we have seen challenges as we adjust to hyper stress law school...and me adjusting to not having Ernesto around much. 
It is an interesting year for our marriage as we settle into the roles we want for each other and for our family.  I worked full time before...and now I stay home to make our home a happy and loving place.  When I quit my job...we moved to Chile...and really I felt like a tourist for 4 months...it was great...but not real life.  Then we lived in California for 3 months and Ernesto and I got to spend almost every day together...preparing for law school and reorganizing life but never unpacking fully at my parents' house so once again not real life.  So just now have we arrived to our home and to our roles we have planned for.  Ernesto sacrifices his sanity and stress to do well in law school...and we are sooo proud of him for being at Emory and for his opportunity to prepare himself to work in this profession.  I am proud to be a stay at home wife and mother.  I love keeping an orderly house...preparing delicious and nutritious meals...and most importantly loving and teaching our little pumpkin Azaleia.  We are happy together right now...and planning on keeping it that way!
How could we not be happy with this beautiful girl below?  We love her to pieces!!!
 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I am so glad you all are surviving law school & so glad you are where you want to be... at home. Love you & your cute family!

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys! You are so wonderful.