Monday, September 26, 2011

our LA getaway

Well it would be silly for us to not getaway for a night when we live with my parents...so that is just what we did.  I can't even remember the last time Ernesto and I had a night away since Azaleia was born...actually I think this was the first time since Azaleia was born that we left her for the whole night.  Wow!  That was long over due!  So Ernesto and I escaped to LA!  Sounds exciting, right?  Well we were...since it is much harder to do some of the sightseeing when you have a lively 2 year old.  So Ernesto and I decided we would just enjoy each others company and do things we had thought would be fun. 
1st stop: Disney Concert Hall
The architecture was amazing...just looking at the random and abstract angles was very interesting.  Although it looks closed in...the insides were lit by a lot of natural lighting...mostly coming from above.  We took the audio self tour and enjoyed learning about the building.  It was interesting to hear what all the people involved had to say about the plans, building, and everything!
 Fun at Hollywood's Madame Tussauds
wax museum where we met all the celebrities!
It was too funny to pose for the pictures...Ernesto was a hoot!  We toured it with a Venezuelan guy who was there by himself...so he took pics for us and us for him.  Some of them seemed so real while others were far off...even still it was super fun!  We felt like tourists even though we had gone to Hollywood many times with the international students.

Evening in Malibu
After lunch and fun in Hollywood...we cruised Beverly Hills...and made our way up the coast to Malibu!
It was so pretty to see the coast...before we settled in for a romantic look out...we visited Pepperdine's Law School just to see what life was like there.  Those are million dollar views...just gorgeous!  I wish the lifeguard station wouldn't have been taken already...we would have stayed longer...but me and my not liking icky buggies...we didn't stay longer than 30 minutes...even though it was beautiful!  We were overlooking the coast from a cliff...so the waves crashed onto some rocks right below us...it was amazing to see that force up closer than normal.  Ocean + Ernesto = Happiness
 We stayed overnight at the LA Temple apartments which let's be honest...is not too romantic...but you can't beat the price...$50 for a Santa Monica night...wow!  So first thing the next morning we were able to go and do sealings at the Los Angeles Temple.  We loved that special time...and loved the workers there!  
Los Angeles Temple

 I've always loved how classic the Temple and the pool and gardens feel...love this spot of earth!
 Me and my lovie!
The Getty Center
 Our last part of the escape was visiting the Getty Center...which is fantastic!  Wow!  It blew us away there was so much to see.  Once again we went for the audio tour and it made the experience so much more.  We listened to details about many pieces.  We saw some awesome photos of Cambodia's history and Angor Wat...saw Cuba's revolution in photos...awesome...I loved the French Renaissance exhibit...I just love all that furniture and artwork.  One of my favorite parts of our time there was seeing some Van Gogh!  There were amazing views outside too...and the gardens just spectacular!  Definitely worth going to without children...and we soaked up the experience!
 Time went by too fast!  I am writing this post the week of our 4th Anniversary...so exciting to celebrate 4 years of married life, friendship, and love!  I love my Ernesto...and love that we enjoy spending time together and learning together...and look forward to many more escapes...just me and my lovie!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

WOW!! How fun! One day we will get away without kids overnight... You really did A LOT! Happy ANniversary :)