Saturday, May 28, 2011

Paraguay: la Familia Martinez in Marambure-Luque

Waiting for Linea 28...love it!  Just like the ol' days as a missionary!
Esperando linea 28...me encanta...igual como cuando era misionera!
 Welcome to my first area...Marambure...where I was born as a Hermana in Paraguay...and where I stayed over half my mission.  I was there 10 1/2 months...wow!  That is a long time!  I loved it in Marambure!  My first day in the mission we stopped by at the church for some paperwork and I met the Hermana working the family history center...Hna Elisa de Martinez...who became one of my favorite people in Paraguay!  She is so loving...had the Hermanas over for lunch twice a week usually...and such a supporter for baptisms and everything.  Hermano especially helped out a lot since he was in the Bishopric and still is!  They have two lovely daughters...Julieta and Ani!  When we decided to return to Paraguay...I knew exactly where we had to stay...with the loved Martinez Family!  We had such a sensational time there...felt right at home!
Hna Elisa made us cocido everyday...so good...made chipaguasu...the mandioca thing recooked...so good...empanadas...and all sorts of Paraguayan yummies.  When I was a missionary they had a singlestory smaller home but they have been very blessed in the last five years...expanding their house and it is so charming.  Loved staying there...even with all of her animals.  Her dog Clifford is still there...too funny!  Azaleia loved saying "sale...sale" for the dogs to get out of the house.  We just loved being there...we could have stayed forever.  Azaleia loves loves loves Julieta who has such a special connection with Azaleia.  Azaleia choose Julieta for everything and ditched her boring parents...it was too cute to see her fall asleep in her arms.  The whole family adores Azaleia...it was so nice.  Love you Familia Martinez!  The other funny thing is that the Hno Carlos has an old Mercedez called The Terminator...because it never dies!  He lent us the car for us to make some visits..with pieces missing everywhere...but most notably there were no lights...it wasn't that they didn't work...but there were no lights at all.  Too funny! 
We felt we had a truly Paraguayan experience! 
With Ani...she loved her too!  Con Ani...la ama mucho!

 I adore Hermana Elisa...demasiado...wish we could live closer together always!
Adoro a la Hna Elisa...demasiado...un deseo que tengo para vivir cerca a ella algun dia!


Azaleia dressing up Ernesto...que lindo foto de Ernesto...no?


 A little more of the Martinez Home for all those Hermanas that would like to see!
Algunos fotos del Hogar Martinez para todas las Hermanas!






Clifford protecting as always...Clifford protegiendo como siempre!

 Working on the Terminator...trabajando con el Terminator!


The swamp...still there...el lagun..todavia ahi!


4 comments:

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

how fun to go back!! Despite the fact that we're in Australia doing the same sort of crazy travelling - I'm LOVING these updates and your amazing pictures make me feel like I'm right there with you!

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

how fun to go back!! Despite the fact that we're in Australia doing the same sort of crazy travelling - I'm LOVING these updates and your amazing pictures make me feel like I'm right there with you!

Sundbergs said...

How fun to go back and see people you love so much. I have loved watching the amazing time you guys are having as a family traveling around to so many wonderful places.

Shelly said...

I don't remember where or when, but I do remember meeting Hermana Elisa once. She seemed like such a great woman. How neat that you got to stay with their family!