| Nico was quite generous with his wafers...so the birds loved him! |
Feeding the birds in the Plaza de Armas...downtown Santiago!
Azaléia was definitely more stingy...her pieces so little...but the birds still flocked! |
Group picture...so happy Cata was released from the hospital!
So Saturday we went to a restaurant at the Plaza de Armas to celebrate being with Mima and Cata leaving the hospital. Too bad we also were not closely watching my diaper bag on the seat next to Ernesto during lunch. We were at the front of the restaurant where everyone enters...so people walked by the seat with the diaper bag...but at least it was under the table. Bueno...we left after eating and 5-10 minutes later realized we didn't have the bag. Either it was already gone while we were eating...or someone took it right after we left. We don't know. I just hate that this happened. We split up looking for someone who carried it off...but no luck. It makes me sick thinking about someone looking through my bag...grr...grr...grr. At first I thought that our small camera and apt keys were in there...but luckily they were in Ernesto's pocket...so lucky. So we lost our cool High Sierra Lumbar Pack...used as my diaper bag...with the hip strap that I have loved. We lost diapers and wipes (lucky thief)...about $15 dollars...my metro/bus pass...hand sanitizer...diaper creams...Azaléia's long ruffled jeans that we loved...her birthday girl bib...grr...and sadly...her favorite shirt from her cousin Char Char for Christmas...her Hello Kitty shirt. Grr again! Poor thief...didn't realize he wasn't going to get the typical good stuff...but man...it's our stuff...and my bag. Ernesto wasn't too sad about it since it is all replaceable until later that night when we realized that he had put his regular everyday use glasses!!! He recently got contacts so that he can see when he goes swimming and when it rains...and was trying them out again that same day...and since the contacts irritate him and dry out his eyes...later that evening he went to take them out when he realized the glasses were in the diaper bag! Grr!!! So that is our sad story! I am sad about it. Just things...I shouldn't build such an attachment...but I do. I'll get over it! Poor Ernesto...we leave in less than 2 weeks...I don't know if we have time to find some good replacement glasses...so we'll see what happens. Definitely learned our lesson again!
2 comments:
I'm sorry Leanna! I lost my wallet last month and it was awful. the worst things that I lost were 150$ of gymboree credit and my drivers liscence. My new pic is horrendous!!!
that sucks! but it looks like you guys had a good time there. Enjoy the last 2 weeks!!
Post a Comment