We love having Saturdays here to go on family outings! Ernesto is an animal lover like his mother...so he wanted to bring Azaléia to the Zoo...and it turned out to be such a fun day. I love family togetherness!
![]() |
| We live in the apartment building Ernesto is pointing too...about 20 minute walk to the zoo. Love it! |
![]() |
| Never have been this close to such a beautiful parrot...it was awesome! |
![]() |
| Love this little guy...he posed right next to his picture...too funny! |
![]() |
| Giraffes eating some num num...and us closer...too cool! |
![]() |
| We love flamingos...so pretty. |
Overall we had a good time at the zoo. In my Lonely Planet travel guide for Chile...the writer said the zoo was "dinky" with ignored and aging animals. While it wasn't quite the flashiest zoo...it was fun to be so close to the animals. The zoo is on the San Cristobal Hill...which is the largest hill overlooking Santiago. That was awesome to be looking at the animals and the views of the city at the same time. We saw some animals from Chile...which was cool too!
On our walk down the hill we noticed these paintings on the cement barriers. Bush came to Chile a few years back...and was not received well. I haven't heard much opinion about Obama here...but I'm sure we will hear something soon as his visit approaches. I hate how politics are followed around the world...but thus is life.
On our walk down the hill we noticed these paintings on the cement barriers. Bush came to Chile a few years back...and was not received well. I haven't heard much opinion about Obama here...but I'm sure we will hear something soon as his visit approaches. I hate how politics are followed around the world...but thus is life.









1 comment:
I totally remember Pres. Bush having a shoe thrown at him, but I didn't know it happened there in Chile. I wonder what'll happen when Obama visit there.
Post a Comment