Before Azaleia was born...a dear friend Caytee decided to begin a "Pay it Forward" Challenge on her blog. Caytee is amazing...truly thoughtful in every way and is always looking for ways to bless everyone around her. Here is the link to her post. She is right that life is better when you stop thinking about yourself and try to be more aware of others. I didn't realize at the time how much help I would need with a new baby...but I'm grateful for her challenge to "Pay it Forward" and am happy to say that slowly but surely I will do just that! Side note...she helped me out so much at the beginning...she is a nurse at the newborn intensive care unit here in Utah Valley and her experience with babies was a huge blessing in my time of need. Pay it Forward #1...
If you remember the movie...the young boy says that you have to do something for someone that they can't do for themselves. At times that seems hard to be that someone in that way...but it is amazing how opportunities pop up.
I met my now dear friend Ashley Judd Errington on a Study Abroad with BYU in the Dominican Republic. (Back in 2003...wow it has been too long!) We had the same major and even graduated together in 2005.
I must say...it feels good to "Pay it Forward"
Anyone else who is interested in the challenge...leave a comment and I will find a way to Pay it Forward to you. I'm already excited for the experiences that you will have later!
1 comment:
all right Leanna I'm up for the challenge. I know I really need to get out of my own little world of being a mommy and start paying attention to those around me. Thanks for the reminder and the great story.
Post a Comment