Monday, January 28, 2008

A tribute to Pres. Hinckley! Jan 27-08

We just heard that our dear prophet has passed away...and it makes me feel so much. I feel so grateful to have listened to his words, to have felt of his love and of his spirit...and of his great excitement for being apart of the Lord's work. It is just so touching to me. My mother told me a long time ago...that the prophet of your youth is the one you will always refer to as your prophet. I feel that to be true with Pres. Hinckley. He even issued my mission call...for which I will be eternally grateful having met my Ernesto there. I love Ernesto...and I love Pres. Hinckley. I love him for who he is and what he has lived and now has died for. It is a beautiful thing...that he will now be with his sweetheart...and that makes me happy...so happy for him. Ernesto and I were contemplating on what has happened...and he mentioned how happy he was that we know with a surety that he returns home as one completely worthy of the many blessings that await him. 97 years old. Ernesto and I are both in our twenties...to imagine what one might experience in the next 70 years...wow! Seeing how Pres. Hinckley lived his life...gives one hope to live as he lived. Just wanted to share a few thoughts...hope this message finds everyone well...

Querida familia en Chile...recein supimos que nuestro amado profeta Pte. Hinckley ha fallecido...y me hace sentir muchas emociones. Me siento muy agradecida por haber escuchado sus palabras...por haber sentido su amor y su espiritu...y tambien su gran animo por ser parte en la obra del Senor. Al pensar en su vida me afecta mucho...me toca al corazon. Hace mucho mi mama me dijo a mi que el profeta de tu juventad...es el profeta al que mas recuerdas como tu profeta...y se que sera asi conmigo. Aun el me llamo a servir la mision...por lo cual estare eternamente agradecida...especialmente por que asi conoci a mi Ernesto. Amo a Ernesto...y tambien al profeta Hinckley. Le amo por quien el es...por su vida la cual dio al servicio del Senor. Es algo hermoso que ahora el esta con su amada esposa...y eso me hace muy feliz...feliz por el. Ernesto y yo estabamos hablando acerca de todo eso...y menciono que es muy lindo que sabemos con seguridad que el regresa al Padre muy digno de las muchas bendiciones que le esperan. 97 anos! Impressionante. Ernesto y yo somos muy jovenes...pero imaginense...70 anos mas...seria algo maravilloso experimentarlo, y pasar una vida tal como hizo el Profeta Hinckley. Esperamos poder hacerlo como el. Solamente queria compartir algunos sentimientos...Les amamos mucho y esperamos que se encuentren bien.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Our beloved Prophet... what an amazing man he was!

Violet said...

Hello there beautiful!!! I just found your blog! I hope you don't mind but I added you to mine.

Check it out some time. I miss having you close by!